Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Scott part 4

I have written 3 blog posts so far about my friend Scott Morgan. But there has to be more. This part 4 comes direct from an email I just received from him. It is so poignant and touching and honest that I feel compelled to share it verbatim, without correcting his eccentric typographical style. Here it is:




It was. five. months ago. today....
i was sitting in the hospital room after a biopsy,colonoscopy,etc 
that my. surgeon wthree other doctors. came into. my room
in my groggy state ,i sat up. and said hello
she. the surgeon,then asked. me ? do i kow. my name,where was I,did i know. what operations were done. few. hours earlier,was I aware of. what hospial I was in whats my oncologist name

i replied,got. an a on the test. and. she leaned. in
close. and said

your. cancer is back.............ok,I said
she then proceeded. to explain it was outside. my. stomach,spreading. fast
uncontainable ,unoperable,any more treatment. was fruitless,no. chemo or operation was going. to help. in future,that. I. had. two maybe. four. months. to. live
and. to. go. home
make. my. plans.  on whats. next,and it was way past stage. four.

to. say the least. i was speechless. and. sat ataring.  at. the four. of them in silence
I said. ok. thanks,and. asked. when i could leave. unc. chapel n.c.  and. head. back. home. to. tell
katy.
four. five. hours. later. i was. dressed and out. door,at. the exit, i knew i was. going to India
to remain. for. the. time. I was. told had. left. to live.
made appts. the next week w surgeon. and oncologist of last four years
and was picked up. soon driven home.........
two weeks later was onindian. soil in new delhi nov 2

its. now. five months. later.
my stomach. is flat,the expansion of fluids was drained two mo. ago
22-1/2 pounds lighter,
and. my pain. management changed. from methadone,to patches on my shoulder 
that send morphine like drugs,fifty x stronnger,
into my. body 24/7
changed every 72 hours 

i am walking.  getting out daily. by wheelchair. seeing. the ocean. smiling at every ,person i see
jovial,happy. and. seeing. doctors weekly in my hotel room,all are amazed at. my good spirit. health,blood pressure,happy go lucky. good vibes,was bedridden. not. to walk ever 
again and losing. pounds. fast ,until. now,
feeling. good.  have. eating. plumbing. problems,daily,but. out of. pain
see the sun come up n go down. 
glad. to be here in goa. india. and. not. a bed in a hospital with. tubes n chemo and nurses all
over surrounded by sick people ,
have. made. a choice to be in a place where. i. can control. my. destiny my future. and. 
will know when time.  is up.

so
you only live once
make. time. to. stop. your. busy. life and. remember. every. day. whats important
in the end. you are alone,but. 
spend time with. your family. and friends. and. do the. things you always wanted
go. to the places. you have dreamed about. to visit. stay focused on
whats. the most. important. things. in. your. life
i. am 62 yrs old,had wondeful life full of. love. travel seeing. the. art of the world. 
am with the most loving amazing woman caring woman on the planet
and  happy. .camper.
sending.  love. and thanks. to all I have known. thruout my life
its all about.       family n freinds in the end
enjoy. your. stay on this crowded planet. make time. to smell the roses

its. my. five month anniversary

wow. this has been some. journey

love. n hugz to all
scott david morgan

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless. This is so touching and beautiful in the saddest way possible, it really gives you a whole new perspective on life and how you should live it. Personally it makes me cherish every moment and be thankful for the great gift of being alive. Thank you for sharing.

    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your article, looks very interesting and his writing is very good and clear, I like it

    ReplyDelete